Website The Queen City Academy Charter School
The Queen City Difference
A small K-8 school, QCA is a place where people enter to learn and work but experience the fulfillment of a family atmosphere as they are inducted into our nurturing yet challenging environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, merit pay opportunities, and pension. More importantly, they enjoy the privilege of teaching in a place where they are supported professionally and personally.
2018-2019 Position Overview
The School Nurse will play a pivotal role in bridging health and education. The school nurse will be a leader in the school for promoting healthy eating and healthy lifestyles. He or she will coordinate and administer care for students and liaise with parents as needed.
- Provide nursing care to students as needed and in accordance with guidelines and
standing orders from School Physician.
- Oversee procedures to address special health needs or disabilities of students.
- Perform screenings for eyesight, hearing, scoliosis, and obesity.
- Support staff in response to student crises or health-related issues.
- Plan and implement programs that proactively address student and staff health needs.
- Document services provided.
- Collect and distribute information about resources and services that will help students
and their families maintain good health.
- Coordinate health-related special education evaluations and services.
- Participate in school safety meetings as needed.
- Participate in 504 plan meetings as needed.
- Actively participate in the life of the school by attending membership meetings and
serving on committees.
- Support the school’s mission.
The successful candidate will hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and be certified as a school
nurse. Candidates will have experience providing health care to children in a school setting.
Applicants must demonstrate cultural sensitivity, ability to communicate with parents and
students, strong writing skills, Familiarity with the medical and psychological services available
to students and families in our region and Knowledge of New Jersey School Nursing statutes,
regulations, procedures, and practices.
The Queen City Academy Charter School is the first charter school located in Plainfield, New Jersey. QCACS
serves 324 scholars in grades K-8. Our mission is to create lifelong learners, and equip staff with the
opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to be
critical-thinkers, and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which create
generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS, have a positive and
professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long hours) and possess an
inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy Charter School of Plainfield is
an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.