The Queen City Difference
At Queen City Academy Charter School, teachers are our most treasured assets. We
expect academic and character excellence from QCACS students, and our teachers help
foster a dynamic learning environment where students receive the necessary
preparation and support to rise to that challenge. Therefore, teacher recruitment at
QCACS is a vitally important process through which we seek to attract and retain
educators with an immediately discernible passion for helping children meet their
highest potential. Teachers work in a collegial setting where the faculty and
administration collaborate to ensure a high quality education experience for students,
while benefiting from supportive parent partners who are deeply committed to their
The Queen City Academy Charter School is Plainfield, New Jersey’s first charter school.
QCACS serves scholars in grades K-10 and growing to K-12. Our mission is to create
lifelong learners and equip staff with the opportunities to successfully shape and
transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to be critical-thinkers and
demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which create
generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS,
have a positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a
willingness to work long hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional
excellence. The Queen City Academy Charter School of Plainfield is an equal
Middle School Science Teacher Position Overview
All teachers at The Queen City Academy Charter School advance the mission, goals and
educational philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and
experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of
students, while enabling students to develop competencies, skills and disposition to
function successfully in society.
The Middle School Science Teacher should be able to:
Middle School Science Teacher
● Provide academic subject instruction in science, ensuring that curriculum
maps and schedules are followed.
● Plan for class activities, including preparing units and daily lesson plans,
identifying materials to implement class activities, preparing class projects,
giving children feedback on completed work to ensure mastery of
presented material, and grading of tests and assignments in a timely
● Conferwith other teachers concerning cross-curricular opportunities.
● Communicate with parents on a regular basis about schedule, assignments,
events, and individual student needs.
● Meet with parents during scheduled conferences during the school year.
● Maintain grades and curriculum assessments online.
● Attendweekly faculty meetings with division head and curriculum meetings
● Exhibitenthusiasm for science, engineering, and STEAM.
● Collaborate as a team player with teaching colleagues and administration.
● See the school as a community.
● Support school by attending school sponsored events and activities.
● Commit to ongoing professional development via workshop attendance,
visiting other schools, and webinars.
● Learn new skills and integrate technology as changing pedagogy dictates.
● Model self-disciplined and ethical behavior.
The successful candidate will hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and certification as
appropriate. The expectation is that all candidates hold at least a Certificate of Eligibility
and QCACS leadership can provide guidance on obtaining full certification in the State of
New Jersey. Candidates should be prepared to provide a copy of a valid New Jersey
Certificate or proof of passing the required PRAXIS tests. Applicants must demonstrate
cultural sensitivity, ability to communicate with parents and students across lines of
difference, have mastery of subject matter content, be a team player, hold high
expectations of students and possess basic understanding of child development.
To apply for this job please visit accesseducationaladvisor.applytojob.com.