Dear QCACS Community,
As we returned from winter recess there has been an uptick in respiratory viruses such as COVID -19, RSV, Flu and the common cold. It is our goal to proactively protect our community and keep everyone healthy. It is for this reason that we are sending out a few reminders.
1. We ask parents NOT to send SICK children into school (this includes scholars with cold, flu and signs of respiratory illnesses). A student with a fever may not return to school until they are fever free without the use of fever reducing medication for 24hrs.
2. Mask wearing is optional at this time. However we are suggesting that non vaccinated and immune compromised scholars wear a mask.
3. Make sure that all flu and COVID vaccinations are up to date
QCACS is following the New Jersey State COVID protocols. You may find information on the appropriate NJ guidelines at NJ COVID Guidelines . If someone in our community tests positive for Covid the below steps must be followed.
1. Notify Nurse Bailey at the QCACS health office. She can be contacted at 908-753-4700.
2. The individual must remain at home for five days (with the first day being when symptoms start. If no symptoms are present then the 1st day is the day of the positive test)
3. Upon returning to school a mask MUST be worn for the next five days.
As a school we are increasing the sanitizing of all touch points such as door handles, light switches, and heavily used surfaces. We ask that you help us to maintain an environment that is healthy by having conversations with your scholar(s) about the importance of hand washing, and not sharing personal supplies.
Thank You in advance for ensuring that QCACS remains healthy this winter!