Website The Queen City Academy Charter School
The Queen City Difference
At Queen City Academy Charter School, teachers are our most treasured assets. We expect academic and character excellence from QCACS students, and our teachers help foster a dynamic learning environment where students receive the necessary preparation and support to rise to that challenge. Therefore, teacher recruitment at QCACS is a vitally important process through which we seek to attract and retain educators with an immediately discernible passion for helping children meet their highest potential. Teachers work in a collegial setting, where the faculty and administration collaborate to ensure a high-quality education experience for students, while benefiting from supportive parent partners who are deeply committed to their children’s success.
A small K-12 school, QCACS is a place where people enter to learn and work but experience the fulfillment of a family atmosphere as they are inducted into our nurturing yet challenging environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, merit pay opportunities, and pension. More importantly, they enjoy the privilege of teaching in a place where they are supported professionally and personally.
Teacher Position Overview
Teachers at The Queen City Academy Charter School advance the mission, goals and educational philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of students, while enabling students to develop competencies, skills and disposition to function successfully in society. Teachers must display uncompromising effort at demonstrating or acquiring excellence in the professional areas outlined below:
- Commit to the school design and philosophy, and a relentless pursuit of high achievement in the classroom.
- Communicate and maintain high academic and personal expectations for all students.
- Leverage technology to foster greater inquiry, collaboration and supportive interactions with and among students, colleagues and families.
- Develop and implement a plan to ensure a safe, orderly, non-threatening learning environment for all students.
In addition, the SPED Teacher must:
- Provide students who have IEPs access to curriculum through specifically designed instruction aligned with their IEPs.
- Facilitate differentiated instruction tailored to the unique learning abilities of individual students.
- Prepare individualized education plans that align with results from learning needs assessments.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and service providers on issues of curriculum and student needs.
- Coordinate and execute the pre-referral process for students identified for special education.
- Document reevaluation periods, parent communication and student progress and interactions. Leverage technology to meet students’ individual learning needs.
- Maintain communication with parents of special education students regarding progress.
The successful candidate will hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and certification as appropriate, Special Education Endorsement required. All teachers will be required to provide a copy of a valid New Jersey Certificate or proof of passing the required PRAXIS tests before employment is offered. Applicants must demonstrate cultural sensitivity, ability to communicate with parents and students, have mastery of subject matter content, be a team player, hold high expectations of students and possess basic understanding of child development.
The Queen City Academy Charter School is the first charter school located in Plainfield, New Jersey. Our mission is to create lifelong learners, and equip staff with the opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners who possess the ability to be critical-thinkers, and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors, which create generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS, have a positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy Charter School of Plainfield is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit accesseducationaladvisor.applytojob.com.