Website The Queen City Academy Charter School
The Queen City Difference
At Queen City Academy Charter School, teachers are our most treasured assets. We expect academic and
character excellence from QCACS students, and our teachers help foster a dynamic learning environment
where students receive the necessary preparation and support to rise to that challenge. Therefore, teacher
recruitment at QCACS is a vitally important process through which we seek to attract and retain educators
with an immediately discernable passion for helping children meet their highest potential. Teachers work in
a collegial setting where the faculty and administration collaborate to insure a high-quality education
experience for students, while benefitting from supportive parent partners who are deeply committed to
their children’s success.
A small K-8 school, QCACS is a place where people enter to learn and work but experience the fulfillment of
a family atmosphere as they are inducted into our nurturing yet challenging environment. Our employees
enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, merit pay opportunities, and pension. More importantly, they enjoy
the privilege of teaching in a place where they are supported professionally and personally.
School-Based Aide/Substitute Teacher Position Overview
The School-Based Aide/Substitute Teacher Position at The Queen City Academy Charter School is a full-time position. The School-Based Aide/Substitute Teacher is expected to advance the mission, goals and educational philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of students, while enabling students to develop competencies, skills and disposition to function successfully in society. School-based Aides must display uncompromising effort at demonstrating or acquiring excellence in the professional areas outlined below:
- Commitment and dedication to the school design and philosophy, and a relentless pursuit of high achievement in the classroom
- Implement standards aligned, rigorous and engaging lessons to meet high academic standards
- Communicate and maintain high academic and personal expectations for all students
- Execute academically rigorous lessons; following rubrics and administering assessments
- Integrate research-based strategies that improve student retention of course concepts.
- Make content accessible and meaningful to students
- Leverage technology to foster greater inquiry, collaboration and supportive interactions with and among students, colleagues and families
- Maintain a safe, orderly, nonthreatening learning environment for all students
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis to provide information, learn more about students,
and share student successes
- Participate in ongoing professional development, including the annual 1-week staff training, to enrich expertise in the subject area and general pedagogy.
- Help shape and develop a school-wide culture that promotes student achievement and meets the
needs of QCA’s families.
- Support administrative team with special projects
- At least 60 credits working towards a Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to communicate with parents and students
- Be a team player
- Hold high expectations of students
- Basic understanding of child development
- Bachelor’s degree and certification as appropriate
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Mastery of subject matter content
The Queen City Academy Charter School is the first charter school located in Plainfield, New Jersey. QCACS serves 324 scholars in grades K-8. Our mission is to create lifelong learners and equip staff with the opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to be critical-thinkers, and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which create generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS, have a positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy Charter School of Plainfield is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.