Website The Queen City Academy Charter School
The Queen City Difference
At Queen City Academy Charter School, teachers are our most treasured assets. We expect academic and character excellence from QCACS students, and our teachers help foster a dynamic learning environment where students receive the necessary preparation and support to rise to that challenge. Therefore, teacher recruitment at QCACS is a vitally important process through which we seek to attract and retain educators with an immediately discernible passion for helping children meet their highest potential. Teachers work in a collegial setting where the faculty and administration collaborate to ensure a high-quality education experience for students, while benefiting from supportive parent partners who are deeply committed to their children’s success. A small K-12 school, QCACS is a place where people enter to learn and work but experience the fulfillment of a family atmosphere as they are inducted into our nurturing yet challenging environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, merit pay opportunities, and pension. More importantly, they enjoy the privilege of teaching in a place where they are supported professionally and personally.
Available Positions: High School Instructional Support Teacher (2)
Teachers at The Queen City Academy Charter School advance the mission, goals and educational philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of students, while enabling students to develop competencies, skills and disposition to function successfully in society. Instructional Support teachers must display uncompromising effort at demonstrating or acquiring excellence in the professional areas outlined below:
- Provide direct instructional support, focused on skill and strategy development for scholars in core academic subjects, including algebra, geometry, biology.
- Take initiative and foster collaborative relationships with teachers to support and maximize student learning.
- Consult/collaborate with teachers to effectively design and implement instruction, assessment, and projects to accommodate different learning styles and academic needs.
- Assist by working with students individually or in small groups with a specific focus on skill development and/or the review of content, as directed.
- Monitor student engagement and performance during instruction and share observations with teachers and school leadership team; provide suggestions to address those needs.
- Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment for all students.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with students and staff.
- Prioritize their time and be flexible in identifying and responding to identified needs.
- Support the formal and informal assessment of students to determine instructional levels, rate of acquisition, and retention.
- Collaborate with classroom staff to implement and communicate classroom procedures to meet expectations.
- Collaborate with school staff to establish and sustain a positive school climate and culture.
- As directed by the teacher and/or administration, conduct student observation/assessment, gather data as needed.
- Assume any other responsibilities as assigned by the school principal.
- Participate in ongoing professional development, including the annual 1-week staff training, to enrich expertise in the subject area and general pedagogy.
The successful candidate will hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and certification as appropriate. All teachers will be required to provide a copy of a valid New Jersey Certificate or proof of passing the required PRAXIS tests before employment is offered. Applicants must demonstrate cultural sensitivity, ability to communicate with parents and students, have mastery of subject matter content, be a team player, hold high expectations of students and possess basic understanding of child development.
Visit the web site to complete an application. After you have completed the online application, you will be prompted to upload a resume and copies of certificates.
The Queen City Academy Charter School is the first charter school located in Plainfield, New Jersey. QCACS serves 324 scholars in grades K-8 and is growing to serve students in grades K-12. Our mission is to create lifelong learners, and equip staff with the opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to be critical-thinkers, and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which create generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS, have a positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy Charter School of Plainfield is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.