Website The Queen City Academy Charter School
The Queen City Difference
A small K-12 school, QCACS is a place where people enter to learn and work but experience the fulfillment of a family atmosphere as they are inducted into our nurturing yet challenging environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, merit pay opportunities, and pension. Join a growing charter school organization that is deeply rooted in the community and committed to creating generational successes by providing our scholars access to opportunities. QACCS is an independent charter serving grades kindergarten through twelfth grade. Founded in 2000 QCACS has a track record of success that has garnered Tier I Status with the NJDOE.
The Executive Assistant / Development Associate is an integral part of the QCACS leadership team and will provide comprehensive support to the CEO along with building the development department. The role will be responsible for the office operations under the guidance of the CEO. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer”having a sense for issues taking place in the school community and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate the CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect the CEO’s style and organizational policy.
- Maintain open communication with the QCACS team including meeting regularly with the QCACS leadership team and the QCACS Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate all QCACS executive team meetings and retreats. Assist with the staff meetings and events.
- Work with the executive staff and CEO to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s office services . Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved work flow and anticipate future needs as the organization grows. Assist in the selection vendors and purchase equipment, services and supplies necessary for operation and organization.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally. The eternal relationships should be with key funders and potential funding pipelines.
- Manage information systems operations including hardware software, desktop support, internal communications and strategic systems development and planning. Provide leadership to all levels of the organization to meet their current and future information needs.
- Aide in the consultation of consultancy supervision and developmental needs. Serve a “gatekeeper”and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with the Executive Team. Complete projects by delegating work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the CEO.
- Identify new funders and create a calendar of funding deadlines.
- Collaborate with teachers and the Friends of Queen City Academy Charter School foundation in submitting grants that address organizational needs.
- Approaches work with a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion lens.
- Excel in a do-it-yourself intense growing organizational environment.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials with programs such as Canva.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and community partners.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance; must be a self-starter.
- Ability to to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to switch gears at a moments notice.
- Make informed decisions regarding priorities and available time Benefits.
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated executive assistant to assume a pivotal role in a growing, highly respected organization.
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription coverage options.
- Vacation, PTO and Holidays.
- 403B eligible plan.
Visit the web site to complete an application. After you have completed the online application, you will be prompted to upload a resume and copies of certificates.
The Queen City Academy Charter School is the first charter school located in Plainfield, New Jersey. QCACS serves 324 scholars in grades K-8 and is growing to serve students in grades K-12. Our mission is to create lifelong learners, and equip staff with the opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to be critical-thinkers, and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which create generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS, have a positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy Charter School of Plainfield is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.