The Queen City Difference
At Queen City Academy Charter School, our supporting staff members are our most treasured assets. We expect performance and character excellence from QCACS students, and for our support staff to help foster a dynamic learning environment where students receive the necessary preparation to rise to the occasion. Therefore, staff recruitment at QCACS is a vitally important process through which we seek to attract and retain team members who possess a discernible passion for helping our school become a place where children meet their highest potential. Staff members work in a collegial setting where the faculty and administration collaborate to ensure a high quality education experience for students, while benefiting from supportive parent partners who are deeply committed to their children’s success.
The Queen City Academy Charter School is Plainfield, New Jersey’s first charter school. QCACS serves scholars in grades K-10 and growing to K-12. Our mission is to create lifelong learners and equip staff with the opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to be critical-thinkers and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which create generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS, have a positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy Charter School of Plainfield is an equal opportunity employer.
Administrative Assistant and PowerSchool Administrator Position Overview
All staff at The Queen City Academy Charter School work together to advance the mission, goals and educational philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and experiences that strengthen the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of students, while enabling students to develop competencies, skills and disposition to function successfully in society.
Administrative Assistant and PowerSchool Administrator should be able to:
- Create and sustain a welcoming main office environment
- Participate in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings (e.g., HR, PowerSchool, Payroll) for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees.
- Implement and maintain the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Consistently demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of PowerSchool.
- Create user files, account access IDs and passwords.
- Assume responsibility for the oversight of portal security and portal maintenance.
- Organize, schedule and conduct parent and teacher training sessions
- Create and revise a PowerSchool Parent Portal Acceptable Use Agreement.
- Assists in the maintenance of database information required for district, state and federal reports.
- Prepare a variety of reports, documents, and correspondence of a confidential and non-confidential nature ( e.g., letters, agendas, memos, minutes, newsletters, bulletins, reports) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in conformance with established guidelines.
- Coordinate a variety of school projects, events, and/or program components ( e.g., facility usage, guest speakers, meetings, in-service events, travel and accommodations)
- Manage daily attendance records for students and school staff.
- Maintain a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records ( e.g., student registration data, student records, student referrals, student attendance, school calendar, budget reports, employee records, financial records) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Assisting school nurse and administrator with students referred for illness or those referred for disciplinary action for the purpose of ensuring student welfare and maintaining a secure office environment.
- Oversee day-to-day office work load for the purpose of ensuring the completion of activities in an accurate and timely manner.
The successful candidate will hold at minimum an Associate’s degree or equivalent professional certification and experience working in schools. Applicants must demonstrate cultural sensitivity, ability to communicate with parents and students across lines of difference, have professional maturity, be a team player, and hold high expectations of themselves and their colleagues.
To apply for this job please visit accesseducationaladvisor.applytojob.com.