The Queen City Academy Charter School
The Queen City Difference
At Queen City Academy Charter School, teachers are our most treasured assets. We expect academic and character excellence from QCA students, and our teachers help foster a dynamic learning environment where students receive the necessary preparation and support to rise to that challenge. Therefore, teacher recruitment at QCA is a vitally important process through which we seek to attract and retain educators with an immediately discernable passion for helping children meet their highest potential. Teachers work in a collegial setting where the faculty and administration collaborate to insure a high quality education experience for students, while benefitting from supportive parent partners who are deeply committed to their children’s success.
A small K-8 school, QCA is a place where people enter to learn and work but experience the fulfillment of a family atmosphere as they are inducted into our nurturing yet challenging environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, merit pay opportunities, and pension. More importantly, they enjoy the privilege of teaching in a place where they are supported professionally and personally.
Title I Coordinator Position Overview
Teachers at The Queen City Academy Charter School advance the mission, goals and educational
philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and experiences that advance the
intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of scholars, while enabling scholars to develop
competencies, skills and disposition to function successfully in society. Teachers must display
uncompromising effort at demonstrating or acquiring excellence in the professional areas outlined below:
- Commitment and dedication to the school design and philosophy, and a relentless pursuit of high
achievement in the classroom
- Communicate and maintain high academic and personal expectations for all scholars
- Leverage technology to foster greater inquiry, collaboration and supportive interactions with and
among scholars, colleagues and families
- Develop and implement plan to insure a safe, orderly, nonthreatening learning environment for all
In addition, the RTI Coordinator must:
- Review assessment data for scholars identified for Title I services
- Maintain transparent system to track, monitor and report progress of Title I scholars
- Design supplemental lessons that incorporate research-based strategies to support classroom teachers in reaching Title I scholars
- Consult and collaborate with classroom teachers to plan reinforcement for the skills that the homeroom or subject teacher introduces
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to support their integration of instructional strategies that advance learning for Title I scholars
- Participate in meetings that assess curriculum and instruction professional learning opportunities in collaboration with the building administrators.
- Design parent workshops to encourage and support parents in working with their children at home.
- Maintain accurate student records, parent communications records and student progress data reports as required by Title I law and school policy
- Maintain compliance with ESSEA Grant
- Submit grant reports
- Create department and individual scholar goals
The successful candidate will hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and certification as appropriate,
including Special Education Endorsement. All teachers will be required to provide a copy of a valid New Jersey Certificate or proof of passing the required PRAXIS tests before employment is offered. Applicantsmust demonstrate cultural sensitivity, ability to communicate with parents and scholars, have mastery ofsubject matter content, be a team player, hold high expectations of scholars and possess basic
understanding of child development.
Visit http://www.queencity.edu/employment-opportunities.shtml to complete an application. After you
have completed the online application, you will be prompted to send a resume and copies of certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Queen City Academy Charter School is the first charter school located in Plainfield, New Jersey. QCA serves 252 scholars in grades K-8. Our mission is to create lifelong learners, and equip staff with the opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to be critical-thinkers, and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which create generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCA, have a positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy Charter School of Plainfield is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecYfqkVsDgztGXUXf4eHTErbMs-9afcbhiNdbIdtRM9PXMTg/viewform →