Website The Queen City Academy Charter School
The Queen City Difference
At Queen City Academy Charter School, teachers are our most treasured assets. We expect academic and character excellence from QCA students, and our teachers help foster a dynamic learning environment where students receive the necessary preparation and support to rise to that challenge. Therefore, teacher recruitment at QCA is a vitally important process through which we seek to attract and retain educators with an immediately discernable passion for helping children meet their highest potential. Teachers work in a collegial setting where the faculty and administration collaborate to insure a high quality education experience for students, while benefitting from supportive parent partners who are deeply committed to their children’s success.
A small K-8 school, QCA is a place where people enter to learn and work but experience the fulfillment of a family atmosphere as they are inducted into our nurturing yet challenging environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, merit pay opportunities, and pension. More importantly, they enjoy the privilege of teaching in a place where they are supported professionally and personally.
Elementary Teacher Position Overview
Positions Available for 2018-2019:
- ☐ Health/Physical Education
- ☐ Music
Specials teachers at The Queen City Academy Charter School advance the mission, goals and educational
philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and experiences that advance the
intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of students, while enabling students to develop
competencies, skills and disposition to function successfully in society. Specials teachers must display
uncompromising effort at demonstrating or acquiring excellence in the professional areas outlined below:
- Commitment and dedication to the school design and philosophy, and a relentless pursuit of high
achievement in the classroom
- Design and implement standards aligned, rigorous and engaging lessons to meet high academic
- Communicate and maintain high academic and personal expectations for all students
- Differentiate instruction to best meet the needs of all students
- Integrate research-based strategies that improve student retention of course concepts.
- Develop lesson plans that align instruction to state learning standards and grade level outcomes
- Develop long and short-term planning addressing the needs of individual students
- Make content accessible and meaningful to students
- Leverage technology to foster greater inquiry, collaboration and supportive interactions with and
among students, colleagues and families
- Develop and implement plan to insure a safe, orderly, nonthreatening learning environment for all
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis to provide information, learn more about students,
and share student successes
- Use data to guide instructional decisions about student learning needs
- Participate in ongoing professional development, including the annual 1-week staff training, to
enrich expertise in the subject area and general pedagogy
The successful candidate will hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and certification as appropriate. All
teachers will be required to provide a copy of a valid New Jersey Certificate or proof of passing the required
PRAXIS tests before employment is offered. Applicants must demonstrate cultural sensitivity, ability to
communicate with parents and students, have mastery of subject matter content, be a team player, hold
high expectations of students and possess basic understanding of child development.
The Queen City Academy Charter School is Plainfield, New Jersey’s first charter school. QCACS serves
324 scholars in grades K-8. Our mission is to create lifelong learners and equip staff with the
opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to
be critical-thinkers and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which
create generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS, have a
positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long
hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy
Charter School of Plainfield is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.