Website The Queen City Academy Charter School
The Queen City Difference
At Queen City Academy Charter School, teachers are our most treasured assets. We expect academic and character excellence from QCA students, and our teachers help foster a dynamic learning environment where students receive the necessary preparation and support to rise to that challenge. Therefore, teacher recruitment at QCA is a vitally important process through which we seek to attract and retain educators with an immediately discernable passion for helping children meet their highest potential. Teachers work in a collegial setting where the faculty and administration collaborate to insure a high quality education experience for students, while benefitting from supportive parent partners who are deeply committed to their children’s success.
A small K-8 school, QCA is a place where people enter to learn and work but experience the fulfillment of a family atmosphere as they are inducted into our nurturing yet challenging environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, merit pay opportunities, and pension. More importantly, they enjoy the privilege of teaching in a place where they are supported professionally and personally.
Elementary Teacher Position Overview
Positions Available for 2018-2019:
- ☐ ESL/TESOL Teacher
Teachers at The Queen City Academy Charter School advance the mission, goals and educational
philosophy of the school by planning and facilitating learning activities and experiences that advance the
intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of students, while enabling students to develop
competencies, skills and disposition to function successfully in society. Elementary school teachers must
display uncompromising effort at demonstrating or acquiring excellence in the professional teaching
areas outlined below:
- Plan, organize, and provide instruction in English that meet state and federal standards
- Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress
for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition
- Work to achieve Common Core State Standards and charter school educational goals and
objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group
instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Monitor pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the development stages and well-being of ELLs
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom
climate conducive to learning.
- Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about
the school program and to discuss pupil progress
- Make effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning
- Maintain professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service
education and other professional growth activities.
- Participate in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Perform other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may
The successful candidate will hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and certification as appropriate. All
teachers will be required to provide a copy of a valid New Jersey Certificate or proof of passing the
required PRAXIS tests before employment is offered. Applicants must demonstrate cultural sensitivity,
ability to communicate with parents and students, have mastery of subject matter content, hold high
expectations of students and possess basic understanding of child development. Teachers must be
committed to the school design and philosophy.
The Queen City Academy Charter School is Plainfield, New Jersey’s first charter school. QCACS serves
324 scholars in grades K-8. Our mission is to create lifelong learners and equip staff with the
opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by cultivating learners that possess the ability to
be critical-thinkers and demonstrate leadership skills required to continuously open new doors which
create generational successes. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of QCACS, have a
positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long
hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The Queen City Academy
Charter School of Plainfield is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.